Early Detection Official Rules
Early Detection Video Contest
1. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Early Oncology Video Contest (the “Contest”) is open to U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older, except employees of KUPL, KBFF, KXTG, KXL, KINK, Alpha Broadcasting, LLC, The Portland Clinic, Compass Oncology (collectively, the “Sponsors”), other television and radio stations in the Portland, Oregon market, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies (if any), members of their respective families or persons living in the same household. Viewers are eligible to win an Alpha Broadcasting station contest only once every sixty (60) days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest. Viewers are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six months.
(a) The Contest will begin on October 24, 2012 12:00am and end on December 16, 2012 11:59pm.
(b) To participate in the Contest, you must go to the website earlydectection.org, fill out all of the required information and upload your personal video regarding Cancer. Entries must be received no later than December 16, 2012 11:59pm.
(c) Only one entry/video submission per person.
All Videos will be judged on the following 3 elements:
1. Creativity of video
2. Quality of production and overall video
3. Message throughout video (clear and concise)
(d) [FOR ONLINE CONTESTS] Sponsors are not responsible for technical or computer failures, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable Internet connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, inability to access any Web site or on-line service, any other error or malfunction, late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form or the rules. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsors/judges determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsors/judges reserve the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at www.earlydetection.org. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest.
(e) Broadcasts are subject to preemptions and scheduling changes. If such changes occur, they will be posted on the KUPL, KINK, KXL and Early Detection website.
(f) Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries.
3. Prizes. One Grand Prize winner will receive a prize valued at $1000 plus a 2-hour Victory Party in the Bing Lounge for 20 people total including appetizers and drinks (ARV $2000). One 2nd Place Prize winner will receive 1 overnight stay at the Oregon Coast plus have their video featured on the earlydetection.org website for 1 week (ARV $150). One 3rd Place Prize winner will receive 1 overnight stay at the Oregon Coast plus have their video featured on the earlydetection.org website for 1 week (ARV $150). Prizes will be awarded on Tuesday December 18, 2012 and notified on Wednesday December 19, 2012. Winners will be chosen by 3 client sponsor judges from The Portland Clinic, Compass Oncology and Alpha Broadcasting based on creativity, fluid and clear message, and emotional connection. Winner need not be present to win. Winners will be notified on Wednesday December 19, 2012. The Sponsors reserve the right to award any prizes that are not claimed by December 21, 2012 in future promotions conducted by the Sponsors. All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the offices of Alpha Broadcasting; 1211 SW 5th Ave. 6th Floor Portland, OR 97204. Any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 45 days of winning will be forfeited by the winner. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. Alpha Broadcasting is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
(a) Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner and winners may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent from Station.
(b) By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners (or, in the case of a minor, their parent/legal guardian) agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and to sign a publicity release, affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to acceptance of the prize. If a prize winner is a minor, prize may be awarded to the minor's parent or legal guardian and that winner’s travel companion must be his/her parent or legal guardian. Unless a member of winner’s immediate family, travel companion must be 18 years of age or older. Travel companion must travel with winner and must also sign and return a travel release, which must be returned with winner’s affidavit of eligibility. By accepting the prize, each winner grants to Sponsors the right to use the winner's name, voice, picture and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now known or hereafter invented, without further permission or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). All expenses on receipt and use of prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner and travel companion, if any, by acceptance of their prizes, agree to release Station, Alpha Broadcasting, LLC, and their advertising, promotion and production agencies and their respective parents and subsidiaries, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in directly or indirectly in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Contest or prize-related activity.
(c) Sponsors reserve the right to make changes in the rules of the contest which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsors are not responsible for errors in the rules, their announcements, or the offering or the administration of the Contest.
(d) No prize transfers. Sponsors may substitute prizes for prizes of like value, in the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Prizes may not be substituted or redeemed for cash. Offer subject to federal, state and local regulations and laws and is void where taxed, restricted or prohibited. By entering, participants agree to these rules and the decisions of the Sponsors/judges.
5. Rules. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or winners’ list, please send a stamped, self addressed envelope by 2/19/12 to: Alpha Broadcasting1211 SW 5th Ave. 6th Floor Portland, OR 97204.